Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course
Each summer, Vytautas Magnus University offers an intensive (1 month) Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course for people of all ages who want to improve their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in Lithuanian. During the summer course students are offered a comprehensive programme consisting of Lithuanian language classes, lectures, workshops, discussions, movie evenings, sightseeing tours and excursions to learn the language and deepen the knowledge about Lithuanian lifestyle and culture. Qualified teachers and professors head the programme.
This year the course will take place on 14 July – 12 August, 2019 at Vytautas Magnus University. Application deadline: June 15, 2019.
- You are interested in Lithuania and the Lithuanian language;
- You are a student coming to study in Lithuania;
- You or your family member are of Lithuanian descent;
- You value the experience of highly qualified professionals and enjoy creative work;
- You are interested in meeting people from different countries;
- You would like to spend a wonderful summer month in Kaunas – the most Lithuanian city of Lithuania – and see the places of interest in Lithuania.
Students who are not complete beginners will take a placement test on the first day of the course to determine their level of Lithuanian.
The summer course fee, including tuition, social programme, trips and excursions is 700 Eur. The registration fee is 30 Eur. Accommodation in a student dormitory will cost 5 Eur / night or students can arrange their own accommodation if they wish. All the fees must be paid within 5 days after the arrival.
The deadline for submitting the application is June 15, 2019.
Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course is one of the courses of Baltic Summer University (BSU).
Application form can be found here.
Contact person for the summer course: