International conference “The Noble Family of Pacowie (Pacai) of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Lithuanian Baroque”
International conference “The Noble Family of Pacowie (Pacai) of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Lithuanian Baroque” is being organised feeling the need to spotlight the significance of the Pacowie (Pacai) and especially of the nobleman Krzysztof Zygmunt Pac for the Baroque culture. It is being dedicated to the 400th birth anniversary of the GDL Chancellor Krzysztof Zygmunt Pac (1621–1684). We kindly invite historians, art critics, literary researchers and other scholars of the humanities and social sciences to participate in the conference and to discuss the issues we propose:
- The problems of the genealogical research of Pacowie (Pacai) family, the biograms of the most prominent members of the family
- The influence of Pacowie (Pacai) on the political life in the Commonwealth of Both Nations
- The political consciousness of the nobility in the GDL in early modern times
- Cultural contacts of the nobility in the GDL in the Baroque period
- Baroque art, the Church and the society in the GDL
- The tradition of Baroque Rhetoric and it’s expression in the GDL culture
- The phenomenon of church foundation and patronage by Pacowie (Pacai)
- The destiny of Pacowie (Pacai) heritage in Lithuania and abroad
We kindly ask you to send the title and short abstract of your paper till October 15 via e-mail: email@example.com
The languages of the conference: the languages of the historiography of the GDL and English.
The conference will be held in Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas) and in Pacowie (Pacai) mansion in Jieznas.